WIN REEF SANDALS FOR A YEAR SWEEPSTAKES
Sponsored by: Reef Lifestyle, LLC
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Eligibility. Open only to legal residents of the United States, 16 or older. Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families) of Sponsor, Flip Flop Shops, LLC, and, as applicable, their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, agencies; other retailers of REEF products are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win the prize. Offered only in Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Virginia; void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you (if a minor [generally, under 18 years of age], your parent or legal guardian) agree to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal. If you are a minor, be sure to get the permission of your parent or legal guardian BEFORE entering the Sweepstakes. A store visit is required to enter the Sweepstakes. The purpose of the store visit is to advertise REEF sandals with “Cushion Bounce” available for purchase at the Flip Flop Shop store location.
2. To Enter. During June 10th to July 7th 2019, visit any participating Flip Flop Shop store location in the above-indicated area to learn the URL of the Sweepstakes website. You will be encouraged to try on a pair of REEF sandals with “Cushion Bounce”; but, trying on a pair of REEF sandals is NOT required, nor will doing so increase your chances of winning. Go to the designated website and complete the official entry form with all required information, including your name and e-mail address, and then submit as directed. In order to enter, you must check the box indicating that you have read and agree to these Official Rules; if this box is not checked, your entry will not be accepted. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT on 7/7/2019. Message and data rates apply to use of mobile device for Sweepstakes entry. You may be charged by your wireless carrier for participating via mobile device. It is therefore recommended that you consult your wireless carrier's pricing plan BEFORE participating via mobile device. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access; and, wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
3. Entry Restrictions. Limit of one (1) entry per person. (A given person may only use one (1) e-mail address to enter the Sweepstakes). Use of any artifice or device to violate the entry limit will result in all entries being declared void, disqualification from the Sweepstakes, and possible prohibition from participation in future sweepstakes or contests sponsored by Reef Lifestyle, LLC and/or Flip Flop Shops, LLC. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged, but such acknowledgment shall not constitute any representation as to Sweepstakes eligibility, notice of selection as the potential prize winner, nor is it otherwise binding upon Sponsor. Proof of transmission does not constitute proof of receipt or proof of entry. Should there be a dispute as to the identity of a person who submitted an entry, the entry shall be deemed made by the authorized owner of the e-mail account provided on the entry form as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Use of automated or programmed means of participation in the Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in automatic disqualification.
4. Random Drawing. The winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor on or about 7/7/2019. Potential winner will be notified via e-mail and will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful) within five (5) business days of notification. (If potential winner is a minor, the Affidavit/Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian). In the event of noncompliance with this requirement, if potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason (including failure to receive or respond to notification e-mail for any reason, such as e-mail being classified as “SPAM” or “junk”) or if potential winner is determined by Sponsor to be ineligible or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, he/she will be disqualified and forfeit the prize without compensation of any kind. In case of prize forfeiture, an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received.
5. Prize/Odds of Winning. Grand Prize (1) – a one year’s supply of REEF sandals ( pairs of REEF sandals) and a REEF prize pack. Approximate Retail Value: $525. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received for the random drawing.
6. Prize Restrictions. Prize must be accepted as is. If winner is a minor, prize may be awarded to winner’s parent or legal guardian on his/her behalf. Prize award is subject to availability as to size, color and style. Choice of REEF sandals must be made at time of prize acceptance and award; choice of REEF sandals is subject to Sponsor approval in its sole discretion. Sponsor will furnish REEF sandals to winner via multiple shipments, all of which will be made to winner’s street address in the 50 United States, Guam, Puerto Rico or Washington, DC. Prize is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. All taxes on prize and unspecified expenses in conjunction with prize acceptance and use are the sole responsibility of winner. No prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability of prize for any reason and only then for prize of equal value. No prize transfer except with Sponsor's permission which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion without liability of any kind.
7. Releases. Where legal, by accepting prize, winner agrees (and will confirm in writing upon Sponsor’s request) to use by Sponsor and its designees (including Flip Flop Shops, LLC) of winner’s name, likeness, photo, voice, biographical information, image and other indicia of persona for advertising/publicity/trade purposes by Sponsor and its designees without further compensation or notice. By participating, entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, Flip Flop Shops, LLC, and, as applicable, their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations from any and all liability arising from the participation in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity or the acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of the prize. The preceding includes but is not limited to damage to any computer or mobile device (or information/data stored thereon) used by an individual to participate in the Sweepstakes.
8. Limitations of Liability. Flip Flop Shops, LLC’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Flip Flop Shops, LLC are not responsible for entries that are late, lost, garbled, incomplete, inaccessible, corrupted, misdirected, improperly recorded (or not recorded at all), delayed or damaged, regardless of cause, all of which are void; for technological, programming, electronic, or other error/malfunction/failure of any kind which interferes with the advertising/offering of the Sweepstakes in any respect. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given instance shall not constitute the waiver of such provision. Tampering with the Sweepstakes in any manner will result in disqualification (if applicable) and Sponsor and/or Flip Flop Shops, LLC may otherwise seek to protect their respective rights to the full extent allowed by law. Tampering includes but is not limited to a person (a) acting in an inappropriate, belligerent, aggressive or anti-social manner toward Flip Flop Shops, LLC store personnel or other persons in conjunction with participation in the Sweepstakes (such as, by way of example only, harassing store personnel or any other persons); or (b) publishing or disseminating the URL of Sweepstakes website. If Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the Sweepstakes – in whole or in part – cannot be conducted as originally planned due to any cause beyond its control affecting any participating Flip Flop Shops, LLC store location or the Sweepstakes generally (e.g., riot, strike, natural disaster, materials shortage, acts of tampering or fraud), Sponsor may cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and make the prize available to be won from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if applicable) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner that Sponsor in its sole discretion determines is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. In such event, Sponsor will post a notice to such effect at all participating Flip Flop Shops, LLC store locations.
9. Dispute Resolution/Choice of Law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you (if a minor, your parent or legal guardian) agree that: (a) any and all disputes regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be governed by the internal, substantive law of the State of California (i.e., without regard to choice of law/conflict of law rules of California or of any other jurisdiction); (b) you (if a minor, and your parent or legal guardian) are subject to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or California state court situate in Alameda County, California; (c) you (if a minor, and your parent or legal guardian) waive any right of change of venue, inconvenient forum or the like; (d) any action will be brought by you (if a minor, your parent or legal guardian) individually (NOT as part of a class action); (e) your (if a minor, and/or your parent or legal guardian’s) recovery in any such action is limited to actual costs involved in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any), with all rights to attorneys’ fees and any and all damages (including special, compensatory, punitive, consequential damages) being expressly waived. If the preceding or any other provision of these Official Rules is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be replaced by a substitute provision that most closely approximates the original intent of Sponsor and is valid, legal and enforceable. The invalidity/illegality/unenforceability of a given provision shall not affect the remainder of these Official Rules.
10. Winner’s List. For winner’s list, send a request via e-mail to [email protected] with Reef Win Sandals for a Year Sweepstakes Winner in the subject line for receipt by 7/21/2019 at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time. Winner's list will be available after 8/1/2019. Do not use this e-mail address for anything other than the specified purpose. Sponsor will not respond to such mislabeled communications.